- How does changing the aperture or f-stop affect the LOOK of the picture? What is the relationship between aperture and depth of field?
- Lowering the aperture will decrease the depth of field as well as the focal length, making objects in front of and behind the subject blurry.
- How does your focal length effect depth of field?
- Having a wider focal length will slightly decrease the depth of field because there is less room to see the DoF
- How does your distance to the subject effect depth of field?
- By getting closer to the subject, you don’t need to be zoomed in at all. This will increase the depth of field. Being zoomed in gives you a smaller focal length and bigger depth of field.